Entrepreneurs are a different breed. They are not cut from the same cloth as most. Truth is it takes A LOT of grit, adaptability, passion, patience and a crystal clear vision to be an entrepreneur. Once you do take the leap and follow your dreams there is always the chance that you will burn out and lose the passion that you once had- you have lost your why.
Whether you’ve been in business 20 years or 20 hours, here are some warning signs you should always be on the look out for:
- You hear yourself say on more and more occasions its ok…I’ll do it later.
- You no longer get excited in your business or even want to start the day
- You are constantly stressed
- You feel as if you have no direction or don’ know what direction your business is going in
- Your clients are starting to notice (multiple forms of negative feedback)
Did any of these resonate with you? If so, then you need to return to your roots- you need to rediscover what your WHY is.
So what is your why?
Your why is your catalyst, your fuel, your business (and quite possibly your own) reason for being.
Think back to your first lightbulb feeling. Relive the conversation that you had when you came alive with the idea of your current business. Here are some questions to ask yourself to help guide you along.
- What was it that you wanted to do or to give to others?
- Where were you when you KNEW that you HAD to start your business?
- Who was with you and what did you talk about?
- Why did you want to do or give this?
- If you did not do ________, what are people in this world going to miss by you not getting your message out there?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.